Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My Activity for today


Hi All, 

I think this is an addiction.  Blogging is soon going to become an addiction and it has to be that way. 

I see a lot of youngsters getting onto the internet and not really sure what percentage of those guys actually use the internet to the best of their ability. Rather than people driving the internet and the computers, its the other way round. These gadgets are ruling over the youngsters. The computers are controlling the mankind. But this is just me and my opinions and I may not be 100% right, but thats exactly what I going to use the internet for. To drive my point home. Many youngsters these days are glued to the internet age, to chat, to watch their favorite sports, videos (courtesy Youtube and many others) and what not. The keyboard perhaps may be taking away the human touch and the element of being personal as a whole.  In my vision, the robotics getting to our homes and helping us with the daily stuff is not too far away. 
 
Technology has to evolve and its evolving at a rapid pace. We have surface computing from Microsoft, we have touch phones, we have bluetooth and huh, the list doesnt end here. All these just put me into some kind of discomfort zone and make me ask a question, Are we outliving our life? How nice would it be if we go to our friends place and pleasantly surprise him/her rather than chatting with him/her on your computer? We are losing the human touch and getting lazier day by day. Some day all these devices will replace most of us. We will start to live in a virtual world. Everything is imaginary and most actions of ours will be fantasies of tomorrow. 

I am at the office today while the office is closed for the rest of the employees. Its Bakr-id and its a fastival for the Islamic community and its a national holiday in India. 

I came to office for 2 reasons,  I have a couple of proposals to be signed off and submitted for projects and the other reason is more for my personal gain. 

Saving money for your retirement/future expenses is a must. I have been working since 8 years and do NOT have a single $ in the account as saving. True, I am not exaggerating anything, but I have been ignorant all these years to the idea of saving for future.  One such attempt today is how I went about investing in Life Insurance and Long term gain plan.  I have been forced onto this concept by a very good friend of mine, Hemanth Reddy. He is one man, I always find to be completely organized in all aspects of life.  Whoa, he is a perfect planner. Atleast I hold that impression about him.  Well, he is an agent to Max New York Life Insurance company in India an he has been talking to me about insuring since 3 years and I didnt really buy into his idea. One that I never had any money, but I cannot be like that forever. 

I have been mulling over with the thought of insurance and I decided that I must get it when Hemanth called me last week and reminded me of my commitment to meet him. I was looking to postpone again but what gives, I have been postpoing him since 3 years. I decided its time, lets do it. 

The first thing that I did in the morning, I told my dad about what I am going to do with some money. He looked alright with it, he must have thought I might be running in the right direction. 
Fine, I went to Hemanth's work place. We had a looooooooong meeting. Really long. Its right,  Hemanth and Prashanth were explaining to me about how their policies and insurance work and they did a good job with it. I handed over cheques and signed on a few documents to complete the formalities. 
 
It was time for a medical test and Hemanth reminded me that there would be a treadmill test. I wasnt too perturbed by the treadmill test. Because I do a lot of running and walking on the treadmill at the gym everyday. I run for about 3 Kilometers on the treadmill. But running with the wires on the body, is a bit of concern. 

Lets check it anyway. 

Well I just got a call from my fellows in BHEL for a game of volleyball, and Iam just going to drive there. 

Catch you later

No comments: